- Amelia Colley, M.D., FAAP
- Philip Dawson, M.D., FAAP
- Scott Iwashyna, M.D., FAAP
9606 Patterson Ave., Richmond, VA 23229
(804) 740-6171 office | (804) 741-3105 Fax
A small practice dedicated to personalized care for your child's health and wellness.
Amelia Holder Colley, M.D., FAAP
Why a Pediatrician?
I first thought I wanted to become a physician when I was in high school. Medicine would combine my interest in science, learning, and an opportunity to work with families and children. I entered medical school with plans that I would pursue primary care medicine. Once exposed to my pediatric rotations, becoming a pediatrician seemed like it would be a great fit for me.
I have worked at West End Pediatrics since I finished my pediatric residency. It has been and will continue to be a privilege to care for my patients. There are many reasons I love being a pediatrician. I love having the opportunity to know kids from birth until 22. It is rewarding to help parents, infants, children and adolescents with medical, behavioral, and developmental issues.
Parents find me to be a good listener. My experience of raising two children has helped me to understand parents’ concerns and questions. When I am out and about I love running into my patients. Their smiles never fail to make me smile.
- Board Certified
- Undergraduate: Duke University
- Medical School: University of Virginia
- Internship: Pittsburgh Children’s Hospital
- Residency: Pittsburgh Children’s Hospital
- Fellow: American Academy of Pediatrics
- Member: Richmond Pediatric Society Richmond Academy of Medicine
- Assistant Clinical Professor: VCU Medical Center
- Married, 2 children