- Amelia Colley, M.D., FAAP
- Philip Dawson, M.D., FAAP
- Scott Iwashyna, M.D., FAAP
9606 Patterson Ave., Richmond, VA 23229
(804) 740-6171 office | (804) 741-3105 Fax
A small practice dedicated to personalized care for your child's health and wellness.
Philip A. J. Dawson, M.D., FAAP
Why a Doctor?
I think I wanted to be a doctor from about the age of ten. I liked science, and as I grew and matured became more and more interested in personal interactions, relationships, and what makes people healthy in all aspects. When I finally got to medical school, I was fascinated by how the human body works and knew I was in the right place.
Why a Pediatrician?
There was that pivotal moment in medical school when I got a hug from Juliette, a sweet three-year-old French Canadian girl recovering from pneumonia, but it is more than that. Pediatricians are fun. Kids are fun. You get to smile every day. And it's really true, kids do say the "darndest" things and it's usually hilarious.
Doing what fascinates you, doing what you're good at, laughing while you do it....doesn't get much better than that!
- Board Certified
- Undergraduate: College of William & Mary
- Medical School: McGill University, Montreal
- Internship: Georgetown University
- Residency: Georgetown University
- Fellow: American Academy of Pediatrics
- Member: Richmond Pediatric Society, Richmond Academy of Medicine
- Bundy Professor and Chair of Community Pediatrics at MCV and VCU: October 2011 - October 2013
- Assistant Clinical Professor: VCU Medical Center
- F.C.M. Faculty: Medical Student Education
- Virginia Foundation for Healthy Youth Board Member: 2008 - 2010
- Special Interest: Neck/back pain and chronic sports injuries (non-surgical)
- Married, 3 children